Below are answers to some frequently asked and common questions about web site design and hosting
I want a website but am not sure where to begin, what do i do?
First of all, don’t rush into things or start buying services that may not help you in the long term. Be sure to do some research and consult with someone you trust or talk with a few different professionals. Lunar Solutions provides free initial consultations.
Understand that the more time and effort you spend planning your site, the more likely you are to have excellent results. It is important to know who your primary audience will be, understand what they want, how they will find you, and convey relevant information effectively. Also, think about how you would like the web site to look. We always suggest taking a look at your competitors and other web sites which have characteristics you appreciate in order to incorporate them into your unique style.
How much does a new website cost ?
Just like tangible goods, cost is generally based upon features. But there is no reason to think that you have to spend tens of thousands of dollars to create an effective web presence. Generally, you should expect starting costs to be $1000 - 2000 for basic packages. There are some ongoing expenses including domain registration/renewals, hosting, software updates and any additional work you may want. We are always upfront with our costs so you do not need to worry about hidden charges.
What are the steps to creating a website ?
In its simplest form, there are 4 basic steps.
- It is first necessary to have a web site address, also known as a URL or domain name. Typically, the www.yourwebsitename.com format is used. Other extensions are used for different types of businesses: .com, .org, .us, .info & .biz, .me are a few of the more common ones. It is not difficult to register a URL, but often many names are already in use and you may not be able to get your first choice.
- The next step is to find a web hosting service. Basically, the web host is a computer (server) that holds your website information. When another person attempts to access your site by entering your domain name (URL) into their web browser, your web site information is transferred to them from the server.
- Finally, the web site must be published or uploaded. This is the process of transferring the website from a local computer to the web host computer
I already have a website, but need some help. How can you help me ?
First of all, We are easy to reach and very responsive to emails, blackberry messenger and phone messages. There are no automated telephone service or customer service representatives. If you want to change something, we can quickly and easily log on and help.
- Are visitors having problems accessing your web site ?
- Are you paying outrageous sums for minor changes ?
- Is your current designer not concerned with your needs ?
- Has your site become outdated due to lack of maintenance ?
- Does it take an unusually long time to download / view your website ?
- Do you want to add or change graphics, photos, video or audo ?
If you think we could help you, then please do not hesitate to contact us